The State Customs Service of Ukraine informs that from July 1, 2021, the provisions of paragraph 61 of Section XXI of the Customs Code of Ukraine on mandatory registration with the State Customs Service of Ukraine of non-residents who declare goods in Ukraine have come into force.
According to part eight of Article 455 of the Customs Code of Ukraine, non-registration is a ground for refusal of customs clearance and passage across the customs border of Ukraine of goods, commercial vehicles.
According to the first part of Article 455 of the Customs Code of Ukraine, non-resident persons are subject to mandatory registration who are:
- Declarants of goods, commercial vehicles, in the cases provided for in paragraph 4 of part two of Article 265 of the Customs Code of Ukraine (foreign carriers moving goods, commercial vehicles, transit through the territory of Ukraine);
- Carriers of goods across the customs border of Ukraine and/or between customs offices in the territory of Ukraine or is a person responsible for such transportation (foreign carriers moving goods under customs control).
It is possible to register:
- When entering or leaving Ukraine by filling out the application form directly at the checkpoint and providing a copy of the registration certificate of a non-resident issued by the competent authority of the country of registration;
- By sending a completed application form by post to any customs office and providing a copy of the registration certificate issued by the competent authority of the country of registration;
- Submit directly to any customs office a completed application form and a copy of the registration certificate issued by the competent authority of the country of registration, or submit these documents through an authorized person acting on the basis of a power of attorney from a nonresident, or through a customs clearance agent acting on the basis of an agreement between a non-resident and a Ukrainian customs broker.
The application form can be filled in any language of official international communication. To speed up the processing of information, it is desirable to fill it in Ukrainian or English.
After entering the data from the application into the information system of the customs service, a non-resident person will be assigned a temporary registration number within one hour.
Refusal to assign a temporary registration number is possible if:
- the application form does not contain all the required data;
- the non-resident is already registered.
The temporary registration number allows a non-resident person to carry out all customs formalities and procedures without restrictions.
The non-resident shall be informed about the registration and assignment of the registration number within the following five working days.
application-form-non-resident-en.docx ( .docx , 32.24 Кб )
application-form-non-resident-example-en.pdf ( .pdf , 137.38 Кб )